Thursday, August 17, 2006

Snake Cave

Most of the caves we are going to be looking into are in areas that can be scrambled up to. There are some that will need ropes, but for that I will need to wait for Tiago to arrive. Until then I will continue to scramble into the caves in the valley.

Yesterday we found two really great caves. One had three little tunnels and some interesting looking nooks. The next was a really long and dark cave. The tunnels looked like they went far into the mountain. As I started into one of them I noticed a dark, shiny coil of scales. I don't like snakes. I never used to be scared of snakes, but after living in Africa for a year I am no longer even able to stand Canadian snakes of the garden variety. I was out of that cave pretty fast. Still, it was a very interesting looking cave, so if someone else wants to see if the Arc of the Covenant is inside, they are welcome.

I am really looking forward to getting into more caves. I hope we find some more really deep ones….preferably deep caves with nothing scaly inside.

Francesca