Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Caving




You see, here's the thing. I like rocks. Like to study them, stand on them, break them into smaller bits, work them into things, put them on top of each other to build walls - and I love the things other people have done with rocks. I just don't like going IN to them. Of course nice big open caves is fine, but squeezing into little squiggly holes, is not my thing. Probably has something to do with that tunnel I dug when I was a kid, which collapsed on me, dumping not only a lot of earth but what seemed to be an entire nest of earwigs on my head. So after Tiago and Francesca had explored this cave that had been turned into a cistern, and then Francesca wanted to take Jovanna down it too, I gave them a tape measure and told them to record it! Since it was a cistern I'd like to know its capacity. I may go down it one day, but then, I may not. Unlikely, probably.

Robert